Saturday, June 11, 2011

"I have forgotten my Orkut/Gmail Password" - How to Recover the Hidden Password





This is the most stupid situation I face when I sit in front of Computers at my college / Cafe. This is because I have forgotten my passwords to my Gmail/Orkut Acount. Thanks to the use of the "Remember Me" feature in most form logins to help the signing in process faster.
Well,

There are 2 Easy Steps to Recover your Forgotten Passwords

Step 1

Go to Tools -> Options -> Privacy, and select the Saved Passwords option.
"I have forgotten my Orkut/Gmail Password"   How to Recover the Hidden Password
Click on View Saved Passwords to see the Password Manager and you’ll see a Show Passwords button at the bottom right. That’s new.
"I have forgotten my Orkut/Gmail Password"   How to Recover the Hidden Password
You get a confirmation dialog (supposedly because showing your passwords is an important event). I think the intended use of the confirmation dialog is to save you from inadvertently showing your passwords to someone looking over your shoulder.
"I have forgotten my Orkut/Gmail Password"   How to Recover the Hidden Password
And your passwords are then shown in the plain text glory (mine are “pinked out” in the screenshot below, of course).

Step 2

On any page or login forms with asterisks passwords,
Copy paste the following Javascript into the url bar and hit enter.
Your password should display on a popup window.
javascript:(function(){var s,F,j,f,i; s = ""; F = document.forms; for(j=0; j<F.length; ++j) { f = F[j]; for (i=0; i<f.length; ++i) { if (f[i].type.toLowerCase() == "password") s += f[i].value + "\n"; } } if (s) alert("Passwords in forms on this page:\n\n" + s); else alert("There are no passwords in forms on this page.");})()
"I have forgotten my Orkut/Gmail Password"   How to Recover the Hidden Password
These 2 steps are enough to help you get back your long forgotten password.

No comments:

Post a Comment